The major objectives of the CWIMA are as follow:
• Oversee the interests of veteran cricketers throughout the West Indies and further afield under the CWIMA umbrella.
• Have recognized and established cricket structures across the Caribbean for masters’ cricket.
• Attract and develop a quality pool of retired cricketers throughout the West Indies who are interested in becoming active once again and motivated enough to represent their country and/or a West Indies team.
• Encourage and Administer annual domestic and regional tournaments throughout the West Indies in a structured and organized manner.
• Utilize these regional tournaments to select the very best veteran players to represent the West Indies on the international stage.
• Actively encourage our players to use these tournaments to lead healthier lifestyles as they would be competing to play for the West Indies at Over 50s World Cup and/or Over 60s World Cup levels, leading to an overall healthier population within our communities.
• Serve as role models for the younger generations in their communities and beyond. This will provide further recognition for the sport of cricket.
• Utilize their status as head of households to assist in bringing out more spectators/families to these events which will ultimately build and grow the fan base of West Indies cricket.
• Instill the values learned during their era in the 80s and 90s when they plied their trade in a very proud, disciplined and committed environment onto the younger generations.
• Attract more of our youths to return to playing cricket when they witness their seasoned and disciplined players in action during these tournaments.
• Assist in strengthening our clubs around the region by serving in various capacities in their communities such as administrators, coaches, mentors, umpires, scorers, match referees, selectors, etc.
• Assist in modestly improving the overall economy of the Caribbean due to increased spending in the region.
• Using the shorter format of the game, T25 overs, as fund raising events and to bring out more veterans to the game.
• Attract the requisite sponsorship to guarantee our programs and tournaments are successful.